Crypticon Denver is almost here!
My name is Jacki Butler, I am an award winning makeup artist and I will once again be your travel guide and host of the Crypticon Special FX Makeup Conpetition.
We are looking for the creative souls to take part in the most exciting Special FX Makeup Competition this year!
Here are just a few key points you need to know:
- It’s FREE to enter the competition once you’ve paid for you and your model to enter Crypticon
- You bring a model dressed in an all white outfit that you don’t mind “trashing”, think of it as a canvas to start your creation
- There are 3 categories:
- Professional, (have worked in Haunts, independent films etc and been paid to do so)
- Novice, (have played around with Special FX on self, friends and family)
- Kids up and coming, those that are 12 and under. Let’s get them started early!!!
We have had competitors as young as 7 and as old as 72- so don’t let anything hold you back!
- We have had competitors come as far as Minnesota and Des Moines to compete in this competition, it’s not too far and it makes for a memorable road trip!
- You bring all the Makeup you think you will need to create an amazing character that will be determined the day of the competition.
- All prosthetic pieces have to be created by you on stage at the time of the competition. You can have items like teeth, sticks, string etc. but not already put together. Nothing purchased that is already created.
- You will have 2 hours to complete your gruesome character
- If you need electricity for an airbrush or blow dryer for example please let us know when you message us that YOU ARE IN for this competition.
- We are sponsored by ProAiir, Stan Winston and Bloody Mary just to name a few, that have donated pretty cool prizes.
- There will be 1 to 2 celebrity judges along with myself, judging the competition, so this is a fantastic way of getting noticed and getting your work out there.
- If you have competed in the past you are welcome to compete again unless you were a first place winner.
- If you were a first place winner in the past, you will be showcased, yet not competing, in front of all the competitors doing whatever makeup you want, to show how far you’ve explored Special FX and why you were a winner in the past to show the judges and Crypticon attendees your talents. We value all of our competitors and want you to continue to be a part of our Special FX Makeup Family.
- The competition is on Sunday, so come for the whole weekend to start being part of this Creative Family that is Crypticon.
- As soon as I have exact times for the competition and check in, I will post the info.
I will have a booth that will have all the information available as well but would love to get a head count ahead of time just to make sure we have plenty of room and tables.
- If you have any questions that I didn’t address here, please feel free to message me from this page.
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR….
Don’t think about it, just do it! Message me, let me know you are so down for this competition that you can hardly wait for Crypticon will be here before you know it!
See you soon!
Email CrypticonFXMakeupCompetition@gmail.com with the following information:
- The Crypticon location (which city) you're entering
- Your name
- Your phone number
- Your age
- The Category you're entering:
- Will you need electricity?
- Have you competed in a Crypticon Makeup Competition before?
- If yes, what location *did you place in the competition?
Please be sure to include ALL of the above information with your submission!